Psychological Healthcare provides a continuum of care, including assessment, treatment, advocacy and education, for children, adolescents, and adults with Autishm Disorders, their families, and the agencies and institutions that serve them.
Dedicated to meeting the highest standard of care, Psychological Healthcare uses assessment and intervention strategies supported by research and based on Applied Behavior Analysis and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Assessment, treatment an education/training services are compassionate client and family-centered, individualized and collaborative. Psychological Healthcare strives to be flexible, effective and responsive by seeking feedback about our services and by conducting outcome research.
• Autism Spectrum Disorder evaluations for children and adults (age 2 and up) to determine whether they meet criteria for diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) such as Asperger’s Disorder, Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), or Autism. Evaluations may include the Autism Diagnostic and Observation Schedule (ADOS), observations in different environments, cognitive assessment, achievement testing, and clinical interview.
• Individual therapy for children, teens, and adults with an Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis to improve the management of anxiety, depression, and anger; improve their social and communication skills.
• Consultation for Applied Behavior Analysis programs for children on the Autism Spectrum who need help learning the basics of communication and social interactions including responding to and complying with requests and using speech to communicate their needs, share observations and express their feelings and viewpoints
• Group therapy focusing on building social skills; managing feelings; learning listening and communication skills
• Parent consultations which help parents learn how to cope with an Autism Spectrum Disorder and giving parents behavioral strategies to help their children manage anger and frustration
• School consultations with school personnel to provide education and training regarding the Autism Spectrum Disorders and to assist in the development of behavioral strategies for problematic classroom behavior; can provide functional behavior analysis for children who have an Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis to help in designing behavioral intervention plans.